COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
The Bella Bliss Studios COVID-19 Policy and Procedure is designed to provide comfort and confidence to both instructors and students, that their well-being is our upmost importance when attending the studio. This policy relates to Stage 3 of Queensland Health’s public directives. Stage 3 allows fitness establishments to provide indoor facilities providing the they maintain:
- Physical distancing
- 2 square metres per person when indoors
- Hand hygiene
- Respiratory hygiene
- Frequent environmental cleaning and disinfection
Fitness Australia has also provided a framework to assist businesses. In their framework they address the following:
- Physical Distancing
- Practice good hand hygiene, clean and disinfect your environment
- Stay at home if you are unwell and have any symptoms of the virus
- Contact Tracing
This policy and procedure will outline the steps Bella Bliss will take to ensure they are meeting the minimum requirements, outlined by the Queensland Government and Fitness Australia.
It is recommended we maintain a physical distance of 1.5 meters from any other person while indoors.
Bella Bliss Studios floor space is 200 sq metres. Based on 2 square metres per person a maximum of 100 people are permitted in the studios at one time.
Bella Bliss will achieve physical distancing by:
- Ensuring minimal overlap with the exiting and arrival of students.
- Cleaning and wiping down equipment between users.
- Crash pads to be wiped after each use.
- Implementing “Get In, Train & Get Out” strategy. (Meaning students will only be able to attend the studio for their class time.)
The following will be implemented to assist with maintaining physical distancing:
- Students will be invited into the studio at the start of their class start time.
- Social distance when waiting for classes or between classes.
- Areas will also be allocated for student belongings and metho bottles to avoid congregation at bag racks or metho.
Good personal hygiene and cleaning/disinfecting practices is a recommendation to minimise the transmission of the virus. The virus can be transmitted from the environment to people when they touch infected items and then touch their mouth, nose or eyes.
Bella Bliss will achieve effective hygiene by implementing the following:
- Daily studio cleaning.
- High touch areas, such as doorknobs and metho bottles to be cleaned between classes.
- Display of posters, outlining the correct hand washing technique.
- Keep all personal belongings in one bag whilst at studio
- Paper towel will be available in the Bathroom.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at the entry /exit point of the studio. All attendees will be required to apply prior to entering and exiting the studio.
- All equipment is required to be cleaned by students before and after use.
- A fresh clean towel must be brought by the student.
- Students will be required to bring their own water bottle.
- Water station will be removed.
- All disposable tissues, paper towel and cleaning materials are to be placed in a bin immediately after use and not left on surfaces.
- All attendees will be encouraged to practice good hygiene, including sneezing into their elbow, while in studio.
Stay Home if Unwell
Students and BB Team Members are advised not to attend the studio if they are sick with any illness. A student or BB team member who presents any symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to politely leave the studio. Any team member has the ability to make this decision and will be respected by all member within the team.
If a student is considered vulnerable, they should consult with their doctor prior to commencing activities within the studio. The onus is on the student to determine their capacity to safely resume fitness activities and attendance at the studio.
To ensure the wellness of the community the following will be implemented by the studio:
Students will be asked the following questions:
- Have you travelled overseas in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Do you have a fever, sore throat or experiencing shortness of breath?
If a student responds yes to any of the questions above, they will be asked not attend the studio at this time.
Contract tracing is important to assist authorities in reducing the spread of COVID-19. To ensure Bella Bliss can support the authorities during the time we will:
- Maintain a register of all students who attend the studio
- Encourage students and staff to download the COVID-SAFE app.